1. Don't drink and drive. If you are attending a function where alcohol will be served, plan ahead (designated driver, taxi, etc.).
2. If you are pulled over by law enforcement for any reason, be respectful and answer only with your name and contact information. You will be asked to produce your license and registration. You should not engage in any conversation about where you have been, who you have been with, how many drinks you had, or any other pertinent information, including prescription and OTC medications, until you have spoken to my office.
3. You have an absolute right to refuse to take any field sobriety tests until you have had the opportunity to speak with your attorney at the Law Offices of Remy R. Perot. Call 607-772-8440 immediately!
4. Do not take any test that you can't pass without speaking with your attorney first.
5. If you haven't already, ask to speak with your attorney at the Law Offices of Remy R. Perot. We have a 24/7 answering service for emergencies at 607-772-8440.
6. Once you are released from custody, get an independent blood test immediately!
7. Contact your attorney at the Law Offices of Remy R. Perot first thing the following day to make an appointment to review your matter. The sooner we can begin investigating your case, the better.
8. Do not discuss your matter with anyone other than your attorney. Only your attorney's office is included in your privilege. Anyone else can be subpoenaed to be a potential witness against you.
9. When the stakes are high, experience matters. No one in our geographical area has handled as many DWI and related matters as successfully as myself and my staff of attorneys over the past four decades. We currently have over 75 years of combined experience spanning every type of DWI and related offense. We have handled these matters in many New York courts. When you are arrested for a DWI and related offenses you want the best representation you can obtain. Your future depends on it!
10. Call the Law Offices of Remy R. Perot. We have been providing aggressive criminal defense since 1971, 607-772-8440.